NO Win NO Fee Obligation Free Appointment
GET SOME ADVICE 1800 007 277

Car Accident Claims in Brisbane & Queensland

If you or a passenger in your vehicle has been injured or your vehicle has been damaged as a result of a motor vehicle accident, you need legal advice to help guide you through the process of claiming for damages.

Sinnamon Lawyers are expert personal injury lawyers that operate on a No Win No Fee basis for most personal injury claims.

Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, it is essential to promptly seek legal advice as strict time limits are imposed on personal injury claims. If you do not act within the required time limits, your right to claim damages and personal injury will be lost.

After any accident you should immediately seek medical attention. If the police did not attend the scene of the accident, you should also report it to your nearest police station.

You must notify the relevant insurer of your injury claim for compensation within one month of receiving legal advice.

It is wise to seek legal advice from a personal injury lawyer prior to proceeding with the injury claims process. There are many things for you to consider at this stage, and you need sound advice about the types of compensation that are available to you.

Claiming for Damages

You may be eligible for:

General Damages:
An amount for pain and suffering

Special Damages:
Medical and out of pocket expenses (including doctors’ and physiotherapists’ expenses and rehabilitation);

Lost income:
Any amount you have lost in wages or business income as a result of the injuries you have suffered;

Property Damages:
The cost of damages to your vehicle or property as a result of the accident.

Sinnamon Lawyers are expert personal injury lawyers for claims arising from motor vehicle accidents. If you have a question about claiming damages, check out our blog article to see if we've already answered it. 

Whiplash Claims

Many people involved in car accidents experience whiplash or soft tissue injuries. Sinnamon Lawyers unlike some other firms are very pleased to assist our clients recover damages which may be very significant for whiplash injuries and the cost of treatment such as physiotherapy to help you recover as quickly as possible.

Has your vehicle been damaged?

If your vehicle has been damaged as a result of a motor vehicle accident, we can help you to recover the cost of the repairs or replacement value of the vehicle.

If you are uninsured, we can assist you to recover the money to repair your vehicle, or if it has been written off, to obtain fair market value from the negligent party or their insurer.

Traffic Accident Trends

In Queensland, data is kept by the Department of Transport and Main Roads in relation to motor vehicles and traffic accidents. A road traffic crash or car accident is described as a situation in which at least one road vehicle on a public road is involved in an incident in which a person is killed or injured.

The good news is that for 2014 the fatalities were 18.9% lower than the rate for the previous year. That was the lowest road fatality rate for a calendar year since records began in 1952.

The following statistics are relevant to the road toll:

  • • Drug and drink related crashes – 39.5%
  • • Unrestrained vehicle occupants – 35.3%
  • • Speeding drivers and riders – 29.1%
  • • Young drivers aged between 16 and 24 years – 24.7%
  • • Senior drivers aged 60 and over – 22%


Fatigue related crashes involving motor vehicles also play a major role in relation to the road toll.

The types of crashes recorded include single vehicle accidents for instance when someone falls from a vehicle including a motor bike, hits an object, a vehicle overturns or alternatively a parked vehicle has been hit. Multi vehicle accidents are defined as angular collisions, head on collisions, rear end collisions or side swipe accidents. Pedestrian accidents and injuries are also included in the statistics of course.

When reviewing the road toll the reports record the behavioural characteristics relevant to the incident. The largest behavioural characteristic recorded is drivers who disobey road rules although unfortunately young adult drivers and alcohol and drug related incidents feature prominently as do accidents involving heavy freight vehicles and motorcycles and mopeds.



State legislation prevents us from telling you more about ourselves on this page and we would ask that you have a look at the Why Choose Us page on which we are legally able to tell you what to expect from our services and to give you the reasons to choose us as your legal team. Please access that page and also feel free to contact our principal, Robert Sinnamon directly to discuss how we can look after you even if you are considering another law firm.

We're here to provide advice

To find out if you are eligible for compensation, please contact us either by submitting an online enquiry via the form on this page or by calling us.

  • Can I claim compensation if I'm at fault?

    Yes, but only if you were not the sole cause of the accident. If you can prove your injuries or financial losses were caused by a third party, you may be able to claim compensation. In cases where more than one party was at fault, the circumstances of the accident will determine the outcome of your compensation claim.

  • How long does a car accident compensation claim take?

    It can take several months for a motor vehicle accident claim to settle. However, Sinnamon Lawyers will do everything we can to provide you with access to compensation sooner rather than later. After reviewing the circumstances of your case, we should be able to tell you how long your case will take to resolve.

  • How much compensation can I claim?

    Just as every motor vehicle accident is unique, so too are the amounts of compensation awarded in different cases. If you are unsure as to how much compensation you are entitled to, we can help you determine a realistic amount.

    After reviewing your situation, our lawyers can place a monetary value on the impact your accident has had on your quality of life. If your life path has been permanently altered by the accident, you may be entitled to a greater amount of damages.

  • What can I claim from my car accident?

    Motor vehicle accident claims cover a range of damages. The things you can claim for will depend on several factors, including:

    • The severity of your injuries
    • The amount of wages you have lost (including both past and future earnings)
    • The amount of out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred
    • The costs involved with any ongoing care you require.

    Sinnamon Lawyers can help you determine which of these claims you are entitled to.

  • What costs are involved in making a motor accident claim?

    The total cost of your claim will be determined by a combination of the legal fees and amount of work involved with your case. However, regardless of your claim’s total cost, our No Win No Fee service means you won’t be required to pay your legal fees if you aren’t awarded any compensation.

  • What time limits are involved with a car accident claim?

    Strict time limits apply to all motor vehicle accident claims. If you’re thinking of taking legal action, contact a lawyer as soon as possible. If you miss a deadline, you may lose your entitlement to claim.

  • Who can make a motor accident claim?

    From drivers and passengers to cyclists and pedestrians, every road user has the right to take legal action for injuries sustained in an accident.

  • Will I have to go to court for my motor accident claim?

    You may have to attend court, but only if your presence is deemed essential to your claim’s outcome. Many motor vehicle accident claims can be resolved out of court, but if you need to attend legal proceedings, our lawyers can support you throughout this process.

See what our Car Accident Queensland Clients Say:

To learn more about what our clients think about us, view our Google Reviews here.

Please contact me regarding an accident

You can call us on 1800 007 277 or complete the attached form and we will call you almost immediately.

If you would like to tell us a bit more about your accident before we call you, please use the online enquiry form.