NO Win NO Fee Obligation Free Appointment
GET SOME ADVICE 1800 007 277

Public Place Accidents

Many different types of claims can be described as Public Liability claims. We provide services for personal injury claims that draw upon a range of public liability areas such as:

Slip and fall claims

Injuries on public and private property

Injuries occurring during recreational activities

Most public liability claims are based upon the assumption of a ‘duty of care’ by the landowner, council or occupier of land or premises. Councils, owners and occupiers of commercial and private premises owe a duty of care to take reasonable care for the safety of people who enter onto their property.

To recover damages in most public liability claim cases, you must be able to prove:

The nature of the duty of care owed.

Breach of that duty of care.

That the personal injury has been caused by a breach of that duty of care.

Public Liability claims have very specific parameters, and are well-legislated. Sinnamon Lawyers are expert personal injury lawyers for claims arising from an injury occurring in a public place.

There are strict time limits for the lodgement of personal injury claims so we encourage you to act quickly and seek the advice of a personal injury lawyer. If you do no act within the required time limits, your right to claim damages will be lost.

We're here to provide advice

To find out if you are eligible for compensation, please contact us either by submitting an online enquiry via the form on this page or by calling us.

  • How much compensation can I claim?

    Every public liability claim is unique and different cases often involve diverse compensation amounts. The more serious your injuries, the more damages you may receive. For example, if your ability to live independently has been permanently impacted, your claim should involve a greater amount of damages.

    If you are not sure how much compensation to claim, we can determine what you are entitled to.

  • What can I claim for my public place accident?

    You can claim for any out-of-pocket expenses directly related to your accident, including:

    • Past and future medical costs
    • Lost income
    • The cost of ongoing care provided by family, friends and other individuals.

    You may also be able to claim for any pain and suffering you have had to endure. Our lawyers can assist you with this process by placing a monetary value on your injuries and their long-term impact of your quality of life.

  • What costs are involved with making a public place accident claim?

    Sinnamon Lawyers provide a No Win No Fee service, so you can make a claim without worrying about the costs involved. Designed to cover every outlay throughout your case, our No Win No Fee arrangement eliminates any need for you to pay for your legal fees upfront.

    You only have to cover your legal costs once your claim has been resolved, and only if you are awarded compensation.

  • What time limits are involved with a public place accident claim?

    Every type of personal injury claim is regulated by strict time limits. To avoid missing an important deadline and losing your claim eligibility, you should take legal action immediately after your accident.

  • Who can make a public place accident claim?

    Anyone who can prove they were injured due to the negligence of a third party can claim compensation for a public place accident. Your entitlement to damages will depend on a number of factors, including the severity of your injuries, the cause of the accident, and the amount of evidence you can provide in support of your claim.

    These are some of the most common injuries associated with public place accident claims:

    • Falls
    • Dog bites
    • Food poisoning
    • Accidents that occur at theme parks
    • Injuries caused by uneven footpaths, walkways, driveways or stairs
    • Injuries from falling objects.

    Regardless of how you sustained your injuries, Sinnamon Lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve.

  • Will I have to go to court for my public place accident claim?

    If you need to go to court, Sinnamon Lawyers can support you throughout this process. However, you may only be required to attend if your presence is deemed essential to the outcome of your claim.

  • Do I have a claim?

    Generally claims can be made by not at fault people involved in accidents when there is a person who can be identified as the at fault party.

  • Do I have to pay money to talk to a lawyer?

    No, you can talk to us about any claim in an initial consultation for free. We act no win no fee when we take on your case so we only get paid at the end.

  • How long will my claim take?

    Generally between 12-18 months as it take this long for people to reach maximum medical improvement. We can then assess how much a claim is worth.

  • What if my claim is unsuccessful?

    You will pay us nothing. Our costs and outlays are no win no fee.

  • Who pays the compensation?

    Insurers are known as licenced insurers for car accident claims. WorkCover usually looks after work accident victims and there are a multitude of insurers for public liability and total and permanent disability claims.

Please contact me regarding an accident

You can call us on 1800 007 277 or complete the attached form and we will call you almost immediately.

If you would like to tell us a bit more about your accident before we call you, please use the online enquiry form.